EDIT: We’ve found an issue with the patch where save games are incorrectly reported as corrupted. We have temporarily pulled the patch while we fix the problem. If you’ve already installed it, don’t panic… new saves created after the patch will work fine, and once we issue a patch for the patch, your old ones will work as well. Sorry for the inconvenience everybody!
If you check for updates on your Vita, you’ll notice a patch for Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD blinking at you. First, contain your excitement and try to read on…
The update brings you a couple of new features. One is a little treat for you all, the other was in response to feedback from you lot. The two new features are:
- Online leaderboards
- Alternative controls without rear touchpad
That’s right… we managed to get online leaderboards into the game! Here’s a full list of all the different statistics that are tracked:
- Complete Tutorial – best time
- Complete Game (Easy) – best time
- Complete Game (Normal) – best time
- Complete Game (Hard) – best time
- Bounty Filthy Hands Floyd – best time
- Bounty Looten Duke – best time
- Bounty Boilz Booty – best time
- Bounty Jo Mamma – best time
- Bounty Meagly McGraw – best time
- Bounty Packrat Palooka – best time
- Bounty Xplosives McGee – best time
- Bounty Lefty Lugnutz – best time
- Bounty Elboze Freely – best time
- Bounty Fatty McBoomBoom – best time
- Sekto’s Office Run – best time
- Most Moolah
Think you can catch your bounties faster than anyone else? Made a ri-donk-u-lous amount of Moolah? Now you can prove it and earn bragging rights!
Also part of the patch is a fix for a bug which caused occasional flickering of sky textures in the game. Boot up your game to see the patch, out now in both Europe and the US. You can pick up the full game via the PlayStation Store now.